FA Cup

University Transfers

what to do when you make the move

Every season thousands of referees up and down the country leave home and start their time at university.

This can often be in an unfamiliar area and county - so whether you are entering or leaving the county, at Cornwall FA we want to make this life changing transition as easy as possible by supporting your refereeing.

Continuing refereeing with a new County FA offers students a fantastic opportunity to integrate both within the local football community and university life. Refereeing also provides an income to support studies and social activities.


Referees moving to study in Cornwall have a wide range of opportunities available in the grassroots game with football from youth to adult, small sided to vets, there's something for everyone.

Once you have confirmed your move we will be able to affiliate you with Cornwall FA - to discuss the options available or arrange affiliation please contact Referee Workforce Officer Stuart Kane on the details below.


Referees that are moving out of the County to study in other parts of the country will also need to go through the simple process of affiliating with their new County FA. Once this has been complete it will just be a case of carrying on with refereeing as normal.

To chat through the easiest way to carry on refereeing in other counties please contact Referee Workforce Officer Stuart Kane on the details below.

Club Accounts Pic
Contact The County FA RWO who will give you the details of the Referee Officer where you will be studying. Make contact with them directly to assist you with refereeing whilst you are staying there. If you need to transfer to the other County FA please advise Stuart Kane our Referee Officer.
Referees only need to register with their parent county (where they live) each season but can apply (Through the registration process on WGS) or ask another County FA to register them for free as an Associate Member

Cornwall FA is lucky enough to have a designated Referee Appointments Officer, Liam Mankee, he will appoint to all of the open aged league and also a number of the Youth Leagues. For more information you can contact Liam on Liam.mankee@cornwallfa.com

Get In Touch

Lee Swabey

Referee Development Officer


01208 262981 or 07872 440917