Looking to get involved in local volunteering? Want to learn leadership skills? Grassroots football relies on young volunteers to work within clubs, leagues and teams so will often support volunteers with training to help protect the future of grassroots football.
Cornwall FA Youth Council
We are delighted to announce that we are now recruiting for the 2018-19 Cornwall FA Youth Council.
We are looking for 8-12 people between the ages of 16-24 from all over the County to represent children and young people and to help shape and develop football.
Our current vision is to inspire, empower and provide a voice for all children and young people to influence change, and develop a lasting legacy in football.
The newly formed group will build on the work of last year’s team. The goals developed by the CCFA Youth Council are drawn from the National Game Strategy and ideas from the team. The group will be determined to have an impact on increasing the number of children and young people participating and volunteering in football as well as developing a network of young people to effectively deliver specific projects. All members will be expected to assist in the running of multiple events throughout the year and practical delivery where needed.
- Gain experience and skills that develop your employability
- Develop yourself through a role which replicates the tasks and experiences carried out within a career in football
- Opportunities to access the Football Futures National Camp/FA National Youth Council
- Give young people a voice by developing/shaping football across the county
- Important roles with trusted responsibilities that will impact Cornish Football
- CCFA branded kit & discounted CCFA courses
- Working within the Youth Council will support College/University applications.
- If seen as a stand out YC member you could receive a reference from a CCFA Development Officer to support future job/education applications
- Be mentored and supported by a CCFA Development Officer through advice and support for developing yourself for the future
- Work alongside a group of the most talented and passionate young people across the county and across the Nation
All roles with The Cornwall FA Youth Council are voluntary, the roles we have available are;
- Projects Officer
- Marketing and Communications Officer
- Senior Engagement Officer
- Referee Engagement Officer
- Female Engagement Officer
- Disability Engagement Officer
- Male Engagement Officer
- Coaching Engagement Officer
- Engagement Support Officer
Recognising diversity and promoting inclusion is a priority for CCFA in our efforts to make football a game For All.
Successful Candidates will be expected to attend at least 70% of all Youth Council Meetings and Events that are delivered throughout the year. If your application is successful you will expected to attend an interview at the CCFA Bodmin Office.
How to Apply
To see a full list of the roles available, what is expected or each role and how to apply please download the document below.
Please return all completed applications to
Joshua.Stockdale@cornwallfa.com by 5.00pm on Friday 24th August 2018. Thank you for taking the time to complete this
application. Please note that no late applications will be considered.
If you have any questions please contact Joshua Stockdale (Joshua.Stockdale@cornwallfa.com) (01208262987)