Cornwall County FA are looking for members of the Cornwall Football family to help shape and inform our delivery of, and support for Football in the County across various areas. The Football Advisory Working Groups are replacing the former Football Management Board/Council.
The first three groups we are recruiting for are Referee Working Group, Competitions, Rules and Regulations Working Group and Facilities and Funding Groups. Initially we are looking for individuals who wish to act a Chair for these groups. The Chair will then work with an appointed staff member to recruit additional members.Process for Establishing Working Groups
1. 10th November 2023 - Advertise for Chairs - Closing Date 27th November
2. 4th Dec - 14th December 2023 - Meet with prospective Chairs for interview and appoint Chairsclicking here.
Referee Working Group Chair - Roles and Responsibilities
* To oversee and Chair meetings of the Cornwall FA Referee Working Group
* In consultation with the Cornwall FA RDO appoint additional members of the Referee Working Group
* To report back to the Cornwall FA Board of Directors on the work of the Referee Department and Referee Working Group
* To support the RDO with the development strategy for Refereeing in Cornwall
* To Chair and conduct hearings relating to breaches of the Referee Regulations as defined by FA Rules
* Oversee appointments to Cornwall County FA Cup Finals in consultation with RDO and RAO
* To make recommendations, on behalf the Referee Working Group to the Board of Directors where appropriate
Facilities and Funding Working Group Chair - Roles and Responsibilities
* To oversee and Chair meetings of the Cornwall FA Facility and Funding Working Group
* In consultation with the Cornwall FA FDM appoint additional members to the Facility and Funding Working Group
* To report back and make recommendations (where required) to the Cornwall FA Board of Directors on the work of the Facility and Funding Working Group
* To support the FDM/FDO with the development strategy for Facility and Funding Working Group
* Support the rollout and delivery of the Small Club Grant Scheme
* Support Cornwall FA to encourage and increase opportunities for clubs, partners and associated football family to apply for funding/develop facilities
Cup Competition and Rules and Regulations Chair - Roles and Responsibilities
3. 15th Dec - 21st December - Chair and Staff Member to finalise Terms of Reference for Group and advertise for members. Closing date for application: 18th December
4. 4th - 12th January - Interview and appoint members
If you feel you would be able to contribute and make a positive impact as a Chair of one of the groups below please apply by
* To oversee and Chair meetings of the Cornwall FA Competitions, Rules and Regulations Committee
* To oversee and Chair meetings of the Cornwall Cup Competition and Rules and regulations Working Group.
* In consultation with Cornwall FA staff appoint additional members of the Competitions and rules and regulation Working Group.
* Ensure all appeals regarding breach of competition rules are dealt with in a timely manner.
* Report to the Cornwall FA Board of Directors on the work of the working group as and when required
* Attend at least 2 online meetings per season with the working group Review and recommend revisions to rules and regulations for the competitions annually.
* Representing the Cornwall FA on behalf of the Committee at final and semi-finals, providing welcome speeches for guests and being involved with after-match presentations.