Cornwall FA are encouraging England Football Accredited Clubs and Leagues to get a head start on the upcoming Accreditation renewal window which runs from the 1st November 2022 to the 30th April 2023.
Introduced in the 2021/22 season, and replacing the previous FA Charter Standard Programme, England Football Accreditation is for all non-professional leagues and clubs. It helps them create the experiences and environments where players, coaches and volunteers can thrive. Accredited clubs are more sustainable, more resilient and built to last.
Cornish clubs and leagues that are currently England Football Accredited will undergo a renewal window starting on the 1st November 2022 and closing on the 30th April 2023 to provide an opportunity for clubs and leagues to updater their club information to ensure they still meet the England Football Accreditation criteria.
Click here for the England Football Accreditation Guidance.
How do Clubs stay Accredited?
After the 1st November 2022 to stay Accredited, clubs will need to ensure all the information on the club portal is up to date and meeting the Accreditation criteria requirements. During this process, there will be different options to submit and update evidence or provide comments and declarations to ensure an action plan is in place for any missing requirements to be completed before the 30th April 2023.
What can Clubs do before 1st November 2022?
Clubs can prepare ahead of the renewal window opening by updating their club information on the club portal and identify any gaps in the Accreditation requirements. We would like to remind clubs that the renewal window remains open from the 1st November 2022 to the 30th April 2023 therefore any outstanding actions can be completed throughout this window to stay Accredited.
Important areas to consider for Accredited Clubs:
- Youth Clubs - Do you have a fully qualified coach with each of your teams?
- Adult Clubs – Do you have a FA qualified 1st Aider with each team? If this is a player, then you must a second FA qualified first aider.
- Development Plans – Does your club have an up to date club development plan?
Click here for 1 star Accredited Club Development Plan Templates
Click here for 2 and 3 star Accredited Club Development Plan Templates
- Pathways – What does the player pathway look like at your club? Do you need to try and grow new teams to enhance the player pathway and meet the Accreditation guidance?
What to do if my club are not England Football Accredited?
If your club isn’t England Football Accredited, please get in touch with Cornwall FA on 01208 269 010 to find out how you can become an England Football Accredited club. For more information on the England Football Accreditation programme, please click here.
What can Leagues do before 1st November 2022?
Leagues can start to review the England Football Accreditation Guidance (in particular page 19 – 21). From this review, any outstanding actions can start to be achieved in collaboration with support from Cornwall FA where necessary.
Important areas to consider for Accredited leagues:
- Has your league completed the England Football League annual delivery plan?
- Current Accredited club percentage within the league – Accredited Leagues have at least 60% of teams from England Football Accredited Clubs. After three years leagues must have a minimum of 85% of teams from an England Football Accredited Club
For more information on England Football Accreditation please click here.
Further information will become available once the renewal window goes live on the 1st November and Cornwall FA will be here to support clubs and leagues throughout the season to progress through the renewal process.