Cornwall FA are delighted to announce the new Youth Leadership Academy which will replace the former Cornwall FA Youth Council.
Formed to provide an opportunity and voice for young people in Cornwall to influence the footballing landscape, the Cornwall FA Youth Leadership Academy is looking to recruit 9 individuals aged between 16 and 25 to kickstart a new generation of leaders within Cornish football!
The Cornwall FA Youth Leadership Academy will be determined to have an impact on increasing the number of children and young people participating and volunteering in football through the development and delivery of football specific support and projects.
There are several exciting positions available, with each role providing a fantastic opportunity for recruits to develop leadership skills whilst gaining real-life on and off the pitch experience within the football industry.
What Roles are Available?
There are 9 different roles across 5 different remits available, covering different responsibilities within the Youth Leadership Academy. Each role will cover different areas of football (both on and off the pitch), allowing the successful applicants opportunities to gain a range of experience to develop their skillset for future roles.
The roles available are:
- Senior Engagement Officers - responsible for leading the Engagement teams and coming up with new ways to engage young people.
- Marketing and Communications Officer - responsible for managing the Youth Leadership Academy’s marketing and communications channels including social media.
- League Engagement Officers - responsible will be responsible for liaising with the Youth Leagues in Cornish Football to gather feedback, and help leagues to make changes based on what the young people playing in them want from the game.
- Club Engagement Officers - responsible for engaging with clubs and supporting youth focused projects such as Youth Onside.
- Referees Engagement Officers - responsible for supporting the delivery of referee specific football programmes and the development of young people involved in them.
For more information, please read the Cornwall FA Youth Leadership Academy Application Pack.
How to apply?
To apply for one of the Youth leadership Academy roles, please complete the online form below. Applications must be submitted before the deadline which is Monday 30th May – 9am.
Click here to apply
If you are selected for an interview, they will take place in the week commencing the 13th June.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be part of the Cornwall FA Youth Leadership Academy, please contact Joshua.Stockdale@cornwallfa.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click here to access the Cornwall FA Youth Leadership Application Pack – April 2022