The first two female coaches coffee clubs were well attended by females from around the county, all with different backgrounds and experiences but all with a shared desire to give something back to the game and to make a difference.
The events were supported by Natasha Mills (Coach Development Officer) and Martin Dighton (FA Women’s and Girls’ Coach Development Officer) who both have roles to support female coaches in the game.
Vicky Fisher (Cornwall FA's Womens, Girls and Disability Officer) would like say "a big thank you to all those who joined the online meetings and gave up their time to connect with others and share their experiences".
An overview of the first 2 Coffee Clubs:
- Coffee Club 1 was for females currently coaching in the game. They discussed current coaching situations within their clubs / age groups and any challenges and further areas of support required.
- Coffee Club 2 was for females looking to get into coaching. They discussed motivations, aspirations and next steps to becoming a coach.
Next online session will take place on Monday 15th Feb – 7.30-8.30pm where we will be catching up on the playmaker course and everyone’s experiences of attempting the online course.
Coffee Club 1
- Existing coaches
- Monday 8th February
- Open to any Female currently with a playmaker certificate or level 1 / 2 qualification currently coaching.
Coffee Club 2
- Females looking to get into coaching
- Monday 15th Feb
- Discussing the playmaker course and everyone’s experiences of attempting the online course
CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
If you would like any further information on these groups or would like to register to join a group please contact Vicky.firstname.lastname@example.org