Referee Appointments Officer Vacancy - Expressions of Interest Required
Most of our football family in Cornwall will be aware that Paul Murphy, our current Referee Appointments Officer, is officially retiring at the end of June 2020.
The Covid-19 pandemic has cast a lot of uncertainty around a likely commencement date for the new season and we may not therefore be able to formally recruit and confirm an appointment immediately, however, this is a really important, unique role and we do need to start exploring the potential interest in this vacancy.
There are certain aspects of the current role which are changing and the demands are likely to be less than a full-time post which may limit or conversely raise anyone’s interest.
A general outline of requirements:
• Appoint and reappoint match officials to all required county and league competitions
• Maintain standards of appointments based on referee level, geographical area and frequency of attendance
• Essential proficient knowledge of IT systems and their use
• Liaise closely with county, league and club personnel to ensure smooth running of systems
• Coordinate, compile and ensure timely distribution of monthly appointments
• Liaise regularly with referee development officer and governance manager
If you would like further information or are interested in the vacancy and are currently flexible on any potential start date, please contact Dawn Aberdeen on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07515534545.