Applications are now open for the Football Foundation’s Club Preparation Fund.
Following the £7m investment into preparing the country's pitches, the Premier League, The FA and Government, through Sport England, are providing a further £2.19 million to help clubs get their buildings ready for football's return.
Following recent guidance issued by The FA for restarting of football activity, eligible clubs and organisations will now be able to apply for a fixed £500 grant to make the necessary changes and modifications to allow them to reopen.
Successful applicants will need to spend Club Preparation funding on the three key areas:
- Keeping your clubhouse and equipment clean
- Maintaining social distancing and avoiding congestion
- Promoting good hygiene
The type of work that this may include would be to provide:
- hand sanitiser dispensers
- waste bins
- paper towel dispensers
- signage and floor marking
- building repairs and modifications
- carrying professional inspections or testing on water quality or gas and electric
- repairing hand basins and providing hot water
- installing safety screening and contactless payment systems
Existing eligible Pitch Preparation Fund and Enhanced Grass Pitch Maintenance applicants can apply for their £500 grant directly from their current Football Foundation Account.
If you haven't received Pitch Preparation funding or applied to the Enhanced Grass Pitch Maintenance scheme, you can start your application for Club Preparation Funding by clicking the 'Apply now' button below.
The application window will run from Monday 29 June - Sunday 19 July.
For more information on the Club Preparation Fund, please click here