We Only Do Positive Respect Weekend
Cornwall FA are holding a ‘We Only Do Positive’ respect campaign during the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd February 2019.
The aim is to promote respect and good behaviour by educating coaches, parents and players that positive behaviour shown towards everyone, can in turn, create a positive environment for our young players to enjoy and play football.
We cannot achieve any of this without the support of our clubs and teams participating and getting involved in the event. It would be fantastic to see lots of the grassroots community joining in and promoting this respect weekend. A few ways you can do this are:
• Display any respect banners you may have
• Ensure that all parents, coaches and players know how good behaviour can create a positive environment
• Respect the referee and coaches
• Never engage in or tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
• Be proud and get your teams/clubs to have a photo taken next to your respect banners, put them on your social media pages, tag Cornwall FA in and we will ensure these photos are displayed on our website.
Cornwall FA staff along with Board, Council and Youth Council members will be looking to attend various youth fixtures across the County, speaking to spectators/parents and handing out educational materials. We will also have respect merchandise to give out to the players, if your club is looking to take part in this event please contact our Safeguarding Officer Claire and she will endeavour to get some merchandise out to your club.
Designated Safeguarding Officer
Telephone: 01208 262989
Mobile: 07533 953351