The history of the Cornwall Football Association
The Cornwall County Football Association was formed on 18 September 1889, at a meeting held at the Royal Hotel in Truro. Representatives from Dunheved College, Liskeard, Millbrook, Penzance, Porthcurnow, Probus, Torpoint, and Truro were involved in the meeting. The CCFA relocated to its present headquarters at Kernow House, Bodmin in December 2009. Almost 255 clubs are affiliated with the association today, with approximately 900 teams playing football in Cornwall, making it the most popular sport in the county.
The first Senior Cup was played at Liskeard on 3rd April 1893. 300 people saw Penzance defeat Launceston by 5-0. By the 1949 Final, the attendance was around 15,000 and gate receipts reached £1,000 for the first time. The annual turnover of the organisation is now around £400,000. It now employs 12 staff.