Pitch Improvement Programme
Cornwall FA Pitch improvement programme
Cornwall FA are working in partnership with The FA Facilities and Investment Team and Institute of Groundmanship to develop a grass pitch maintenance service which can be utilised by grassroots football clubs, with the simple aim of improving the quality of grass pitches.
The need for this service is more relevant now than ever, given the current economic times and the pressures facing grass roots football. The key principles behind the service are to provide football clubs with advice and practical solutions on a number of areas.
In Cornwall we will be working with the IOG South West Regional Pitch Advisor Simon Johnson to provide visits to local clubs in the county.
To qualify for a visit a club will need to own their own site OR be responsible for maintenance of the grass pitches.
- Access to expert advice at a substantial cost saving compared to an independent agronomist report
- Pitch maintenance advice and support tailored to the needs, budget, expertise and equipment available
- Potential to access external funding for pitch development and or maintenance equipment.
- Clubs complete and submit an Expression of Interest Form and commit to the 12 month programme. Cornwall FA and the Regional Pitch Advisor may Select/target a number of clubs depending on the availability of the Pitch Advisors.
- Cornwall FA will coordinate the time and date of the first visit in conjunction with the selected club.
- Cornwall FA will notify the Pitch Advisor of visits and all relevant details.
- The Regional Pitch Advisor completes the first site visit.
- A report is produced by the Pitch Advisor with a copy for the club and Cornwall FA
- Club follows recommendations and actions.
- Feedback sought from club following agreed milestones and timescales, based on the recommendations provided by the Pitch Advisor
- Should the maintenance recommendations not result in an improved pitch or surface, there may be some further improvement work required on site and the club can discuss funding options with the Cornwall FA Senior Football Development Officer.
- Cornwall FA will contact the club to organise a follow-up visit for 12 months after the original assessment date to gauge whether interventions have been successful, the standard of the playing surfaces have improved and offer further advice on next steps.
Costs & Payment
The cost for the programme is £150 per facility which includes two visits and a report. If a club holds FA Charter Standard Club Status, then the cost will be £100. Clubs will be required to pay Cornwall FA, 14 days in advance of the visit following receipt of an invoice.
Requesting a Visit
To request a pitch assessment visit please complete the form attached below.
Once you have provided further information using the visit request form you will be contacted with date to arrange a visit. If you wish to send any photos of your current pitch please forward via email to Cornwall FA Senior Football Development Officer.
For more information or further support surrounding the Pitch Improvement Programme, please contact:
Senior Football Development Officer
Tel: 01208 262984