The Football Development Manager Andy Mitchell at The Cornwall FA has a key role in supporting you through the funding and facilities that is available and most appropriate to you through either, the Football Foundation, Sport England or Local Authorities. The Cornwall FA recognizes the importance and need of high quality facilities for the football within our County. The Cornwall FA understand the demand for facilities, protecting playing grounds and working as one team to address any issues with the loss of facilities. The funding schemes are always changing and updating, but Cornwall FA aims to keep you up to date with any changes that can help the development of any facility project.
Please see our contents page for more information on facilities and funding, if you require any more information please contact Andy Mitchell on either email or 01208 262984/ 07830 123307 and he will be more than happy to help you.
Cornwall Pitch Improvement Programme
Cornwall FA are working in partnership with The FA Facilities and Investment Team and Institute of Groundmanship to develop a grass pitch maintenance service which can be utilised by grassroots football clubs, with the simple aim of improving the quality of grass pitches.
The need for this service is more relevant now than ever, given the current economic times and the pressures facing grass roots football. The key principles behind the service are to provide football clubs with advice and practical solutions on a number of areas.
In Cornwall we will be working with the IOG South West Regional Pitch Advisor Rob Donnelly and Steve Blatchford to provide visits to local clubs in the county. To qualify for a visit a club will need to own their own site, be responsible for maintenance of the grass pitches or manage the contract.
Access to expert advice at a substantial cost saving compared to an independent agronomist report
Pitch maintenance advice and support tailored to the needs, budget, expertise and equipment availablePotential to access external funding for pitch development and or maintenance equipment.
1. Clubs complete and submit an Expression of Interest Form and commit to the 12 month programme. Cornwall FA and the Regional Pitch Advisor may select/target a number of clubs depending on the availability of the Pitch Advisors.
2. Cornwall FA will coordinate the time and date of the first visit in conjunction with the selected club.
3. Cornwall FA will notify the Pitch Advisor of visits and all relevant details.
4. The Regional Pitch Advisor completes the first site visit.
5. A report is produced by the Pitch Advisor with a copy for the club and Cornwall FA
6. Club follows recommendations and actions.
7. Feedback sought from club following agreed milestones and timescales, based on the recommendations provided by the Pitch Advisor
8. Should the maintenance recommendations not result in an improved pitch or surface, there may be some further improvement work required on site and the club can discuss funding options with the Cornwall FA County Development Manager
9. A follow up visit will be agreed with the club approximately 12 months after the initial visit to assess the level of improvement with further advice offered on the next steps.
The cost for the programme is £100 per facility which includes two visits and a report. Clubs will be required to pay Cornwall FA, 14 days in advance of the visit following receipt of an invoice.
The PITCH ASSESSMENT REQUEST FORM can be found below in the documents section.
For more information or further support surrounding the Pitch Improvement Programme, please contact: Andy Mitchell
County Development Manager
Tel: 01208 262984